Sunday 19 October 2014

website build

Website Build

Richie Dennehy

My tasks are to research the cloud technology and the application. So I've started with the application.

I've got my copy of VMWare workstation installed on my laptop (thanks very much VCP) and have build a couple of ubuntu servers. On one i've installed apache, nginx and php, and on the other i have mysql. 

so far I have:

1 * apache webserver (192.168.130.130)
1 * test apache webserver (192.168.130.132)
1 * mysql server (192.168.130.131)

I've secured the mysql server, and setup a user (wordpressuser) with full privileges.

I'll lock down the permissions later.

Installed and configured wordpress, and setup a new website.

split the db and web server and secure it:


Website IPs and network settings

I've set the ip addressing up. had to configure port forwarding on both my home router and in vmware workstation. 

Bought the website cloudbusters.info.
Setup DNS pointing to cloudbusters.info
forwarded incoming connections from port 80 to port 8000
public website now up and running: www.cloudbusters.info

Bought a SSL Cert.

Next steps: 1. build a second webserver and a load balancer to split the traffic
                   2. bang the servers onto the private cloud and decide on the public cloud.
                   3. look at what firewall we can use






No comments:

Post a Comment