Sunday 19 October 2014

Cloudbusters.info

Folks,

I've made a bit of progress with the app.

I got the domain cloudbusters.info so you can access the site from there. its

I have 2 servers - a web server and a db server (Ubuntu on each - nginx for the web server and MySQL for the db). I installed wordpress on top.

I got a SSL cert as well but haven't applied it (thanks github package)

I think the best place to host the app is on openstack, (simply because we don't have to change the public ip every time I move my laptop to a different router) although i'll have to investigate more about how to do a bit of port forwarding there.

​so my recommendation for the app is to build it on openstack and burst out into azure (I haven't yet been successful in doing anything on that - learning Ubuntu, nginx and how to build websites has taken up all my time)!!

anyway - the site will be up for this evening but down tomorrow during the day:

http://www.cloudbusters.info

PS - heres a bit of configuration on the azure side of things to enable a vpn (which thinking about it is the way to go for the load balanced FEs.

http://sebastianmaniak.com/2014/05/30/hybrid-cloud-with-azure-vpn-configuration-guide-hybridcloud-azure/

Still uploading the web and db server to openstack. i probably shouldnt have set the starting image size to 10gb - should have left it at the default.



Richie

No comments:

Post a Comment